Saturday, July 11, 2015

Home

Home .... What does that mean to us? Some say it is a building where we sleep and eat, some say it is Spokane or Bozeman or West Yellowstone or Ethiopia, others say my heart but for me it is all those places and more! I grew up in Bozeman and moved to Spokane after graduating from college. I vacationed in West Yellowstone my whole life. I adopted four amazing children from Ethiopia. So yes those are all home to me. Home is truly where my heart is. My heart is spread out over all those places. I long to be in Ethiopia with our friends and my children's families. Two of my kids are still in Montana with my parents. I sit in my house loving the sound of rain and the quiet. These are all home. 


I offer another home - our eternal home. Heaven. God created the heavens and earth. Creatures and plants. He created Adam and Eve. He created a longing in us to want to be near Him. Through His promises we have a glorious home! Not a home filled with evil, hunger, hatred, betrayal, hurt, darkness or sadness. A home filled with joy, light, gentleness, trust, peace and love. This is my true home. I live on earth for as long as my time allows. While I am here I want to enjoy the blessings God has given me. I want to be the woman He created - a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. He is so gracious to us. Hold tight to His promises and try not to listen to the world. For this world is only temporary and it is not our true home, but heaven is eternal and our one true home. 

"For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down, we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God Himself and not by human hands. We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 
So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lorde. For we live by believing and not seeing. Yes we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord." 2nd Corinthians 5:1-2, 6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment