Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I CAN Do ALL Things ....

M
For the last week I have been in Montana at our family cabin. It is a place I have always known since I was a child. It is joy, comfort, peace, love, home. Whenever we come her we try to visit Yellowatone National Park. We are only 20 min from the west entrance of the park. This year my brother and his family joined our family here. We started out with a buffalo jam followed by the walk at artist paint pots and then stopped for a picnic lunch. It was awesome to see the scenery hang out with my gorgeous husband, my daughters and my niece. A bit later my brother, his wife and their youngest daughter left for Bozeman and Marlowe my niece stayed with us to go to the boiling river. I hadn't swam in the river since elementary school with Christine Planalp on our way to Cooke City. It was so different! What used to be a secret was know on the Internet. The "commercialized" it pretty well by creating pools and areas to sit and enjoy the hot water temperatures. Part of my problem was being barefooted. I was born with many foot deformities and had to handle many surgeries. So as you can imagine sharp rocks we not my friend. I thought I was so smart going down on my bottom until the flow got very fast. I almost took out a few people. Finaly I was able to find a steady spit and enjoy myself. After awhile i knew it was time to go. As I was moving upstream I kept losing my footing. I was tired, scared and at the end of my strength (physically and mentally). At one point I crab walked along the rock weir chanting in my head "I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength." Phil 4:13. With each time I spoke the words I fell Gods strength. I was so ready to give up!

The same goes for any of us. When else gave I wanted to give in and quit. But then I remember I can do ALL things in Christ. Even being surrounded by non believers and people telling me how I should think and what I believe.  I know the truth is God is the Father and His Son died for the atonement of our sins. We need to turn from our selfish desires and ways and trust God. There is one way, the truth and the light and no one comes to the Father except through Him. 

I pray next time you are in rough waters you will seek truth and trust in the One who sent you. The 

No comments:

Post a Comment